WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Automatic Collection: Like most others do on their web sites, We may use common technologies such as cookies and other technologies to better understand users’ interactions with the Services. These technologies help us keep track of user behavior, tell us which parts of our Services people have visited and are using, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of activities.
- Volunteered: If you create an account, register with us, send us an email, or provide other personally identifiable information in another way, We will collect and store the information you share. You do not have to share this information with us, but without, it you may not be able to access certain features or participate in certain aspects of the Services.
- Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (i.e. comments or blog), that information is visible to and may be collected, stored and used by anyone. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personally identifiable information to others or sharing personally identifiable information in public or online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personally identifiable information.
- Purchase Information. If you make a purchase, We need to collect information including your credit card number, shipping address, and billing information. We use a third party processor and Your order information is shared with and processed by our third party credit card services provider. It is also encrypted when it is transmitted for processing. When confirming an Order to you by email, We do not reveal the full credit card number.
- Your Data ingested by the Service. “Customer Data” means all electronic data and information uploaded or submitted to the Services by you or by a third party on your behalf. Our Services access your Customer Data to perform functions of the Services and we cache and store Customer Data submitted to the Services. Your Customer Data will not be disclosed or shared with other customers of the Services. Our Terms of Service require that your Customer Data not include any personally identifiable information.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We collect and use Information to provide the Services and to provide support for the Services, to respond to user requests and inquiries, to maintain a record of our dealings with users, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the Site and Services; and to improve our Site and all Services.
If you voluntarily provide Us with any personally identifying, contact information (i.e. email, home or work address), We will use it to contact and communicate with you, provide you with information and marketing communications, and support your use of the Services.
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
- We may disclose your information to those who are helping make the Services and our offerings available and functional. These include third-party vendors, technical agents, subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants who assist us in performing functions such as web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, customer support, email delivery services, infrastructure services, customer service, technical agents, analytics and metrics services. Service providers who may have access to your information can only the information to perform services on our behalf and in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
- In addition to the disclosures for the purposes above, We may disclose your information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend certain legal rights and our interests or the interests of our users.
- We may also disclose your information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation. If We merge with another entity or our assets are acquired by another entity, all associated data and information will be transferred.
- Aggregate information about our Services and other general demographic information that does not identify you personally or particularly, may be used by Us for all business purposes.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
This Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our Website.
MARKETING OPT OUT
We permit users to request an opt out from receiving marketing emails, texts, or other marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis please submit a written request to the email address below. In your request, please specify that “Marketing Opt Out.” We will try to comply with your opt-out request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, this will apply to marketing messages from us only. We will not be able to remove your information from the database of any third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information. Please also note that We may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
Information, including your personally identifiable information, that We collect is stored on servers that We manage, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services and you do so at your own risk.
All Information may be maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that We process and store information in the United States and your use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
Under California law, California residents may ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information We have shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for direct marketing purposes in the past 12 months. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request by mail to the address below. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Notice.” We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly. Please allow up to thirty days for this notice to be provided.
PowerUser, Inc., 130 W. Union Street, Pasadena, CA 91103
Dated: February 1, 2019